The future of the internet and the metaverse is expected to be different from the present day’s internet in several ways:
- Immersive and interactive: The metaverse is expected to provide a more immersive and interactive user experience, with a high degree of interactivity and social connectivity. This would be a major departure from the current internet, which is primarily text and 2D-based.
- Decentralized: The metaverse is expected to be decentralized and distributed, using technologies such as blockchain to create a secure and transparent infrastructure. This would be different from the current internet, which is centralized and controlled by many large companies.
- Interoperable: The metaverse would be built on open standards and protocols, allowing different virtual worlds to interact. This would make it easier for users to communicate and share experiences across different platforms and make the metaverse more accessible to a wider range of users.
- Virtual economy: The metaverse would create a new economy based on virtual goods, services, and experiences. This would differ from the current economy, primarily based on physical goods and services.
- More personal and customized: The metaverse would allow users to create and customize their virtual environments, avatars, and other digital objects. This would allow users to personalize their experience and express themselves in new ways. This would differ from the current internet, where users are primarily limited to pre-existing environments and content.
- More private and secure: The metaverse would have to ensure its users and their data’s security and privacy. This would involve protecting against hacking, cyberattacks, and data breaches, as well as implementing systems for user authentication and data encryption, which would be different from the current internet, where privacy and security concerns are prevalent.
- More accessible: The metaverse would allow people to access different content and experiences regardless of their physical location or abilities. This could be particularly beneficial for mobility-impaired people whoo live in remote areas.
Overall, the future of the internet and the metaverse is expected to be a more immersive, decentralized, interoperable virtual economy.